Join our team of professional artists for a summer of ART and FUN on the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk!
* Friday-Sundays & holidays work at our Main Stand as a cashier/ artist's assistant. Our artists depend on you to ring up sales, manage and attract guests, help with upsells, answer questions, keep materials stocked and troubleshoot. You will also sometimes help with organizing supplies and processing inventory.
* During the week you will attend sales training & receive free admission to artistic training and workshops. Once you have developed your caricature skills, you will be given easel time and then promoted to Caricature Artist. This promotion can take anywhere from 1 month to 1 year- it all depends on you.
* SCHEDULE: 18-30 hours/ week depending on availability; MUST be available to work flexible weekend hours and ALL summer holidays. Please indicate whether you would like to work just summer or summer/fall/winter. Training starts mid
*May, first shifts weekend of May 25 or early June.
*$14/hour (first 1-2 weeks of training @ $13/hour)
* Opportunity for promotion to O/C in early June ($15/hour).
* Opportunity for promotion to Caricature Artist ($18-$35/ hour) based on performance and shift availability.
* You are good with people in high-pressure situations.
* You love to provide excellent customer service.
* You can draw and are excited to learn caricature.
* You like fast-paced, dynamic work environments.
* You can work on your feet for 6-8 hours. (we provide chairs but you will still be moving around a lot)
* You are trustworthy, reliable, and a good team player.
* Sense of humor and quirky personality are big pluses!
* All colors, creeds, genders, identities, sexual orientation, ages, and ethnicities welcome.
* We cannot hire individuals with tattoos on the head, face, or neck, or excessive facial piercings that cannot be removed. Per Boardwalk dress code.
*Must have reliable transportation to work at the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk
*MUST be available to work flexible hours including weekends, evenings, and ALL summer holidays, and attend all mandatory training sessions.
-----PERKS & BENEFITS-----
* Work with some of the industry’s top caricature artists and awesome local artists
* Free admission to our Guest Artist workshops, and artistic training. All training will either be virtual or outdoor distance training.
* Paid sales training
* Team building socials
* Discounts at the world-famous Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk.
* Best of all you will have an invaluable experience working at the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk as a professional artist. You will become tough, skilled, and unstoppable. Especially skilled and reliable artists will be considered for additional commission and event work.
*All training will be outdoors or virtual
*All staff and guests wear masks on location
*Plexi partitions shield staff from guests with distancing where possible
*back up masks and hand sanitizer provided
*Email your 1-page resume, 4-6 attached examples of your artwork (jpg, png, or pdf), and a paragraph about why you are interested in this position. Weblinks to your work ok but must be in addition to attachments. Artwork that shows knowledge of human anatomy, cartooning, and ink work are encouraged. Inappropriate content will work against you- we are hiring people with good judgment.
* Please indicate whether you would like to work just summer or summer/fall/winter.
* INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.